MK,looks like you took a photo of the old photos. Scanning is easier ;-)! Are these Lower Sixes (1973)? There's a solo photo of you on page 16 of Pilot 74 listed under "Editorial Board - Typists" LOL!
u're right....after scanning, i couldn't upload the scanned pics...had to convert them or something, so i took photo.
hahaha, right again, I took typing lessons near Hang Kwang's shop, had a certificate so offered my services, the closest i could get to being a journalist (my dream)....Geok Cheng was very influential, she got to be the editor even before the selection was finalised....
more like throwing her weight around! I had never seen a more overbearing,articulate and confident girl at my age. It's like, suddenly she's the editor, suddenly she's the emcee for the concert, she's a prefect, she's the teacher's pet, she stands up and speak up....(we were still feeling our way around at 17...)
she married her bai (she gave the one who called her bf a "bai" a tongue-lashing!) had 3 boys and became a schoolteacher in KL (met her once, she told me herself)
I remember her sikh bf. She's one strange cookie and a very fierce one too. Perhaps she was in many ways far more mature than the rest of us. Fancy her being a teacher - never thought it will be her career of choice. Then again, I could say the same about my own career choice. 8-)
6 comments:
MK,looks like you took a photo of the old photos. Scanning is easier ;-)! Are these Lower Sixes (1973)? There's a solo photo of you on page 16 of Pilot 74 listed under "Editorial Board - Typists" LOL!
u're right....after scanning, i couldn't upload the scanned pics...had to convert them or something, so i took photo.
hahaha, right again, I took typing lessons near Hang Kwang's shop, had a certificate so offered my services, the closest i could get to being a journalist (my dream)....Geok Cheng was very influential, she got to be the editor even before the selection was finalised....
Yup that "Magaret Thatcher". She's one serious lady and very focus on getting what she wants. Wonder if she ended up a politician LOL!
more like throwing her weight around! I had never seen a more overbearing,articulate and confident girl at my age. It's like, suddenly she's the editor, suddenly she's the emcee for the concert, she's a prefect, she's the teacher's pet, she stands up and speak up....(we were still feeling our way around at 17...)
she married her bai (she gave the one who called her bf a "bai" a tongue-lashing!) had 3 boys and became a schoolteacher in KL (met her once, she told me herself)
I remember her sikh bf. She's one strange cookie and a very fierce one too. Perhaps she was in many ways far more mature than the rest of us. Fancy her being a teacher - never thought it will be her career of choice. Then again, I could say the same about my own career choice. 8-)
Haha!!! Photo of me 35yrs ago..Now I know where my daughter gets her looks...
Post a Comment