Sunday, July 24, 2011

School Badges


I was rummaging through a box of old stuff over the weekend and found a tin can containing badges that I have collected. 

My primary school was TIPS but I only found a LPS2 badge.  Was TIPS known as Lim Poon School 2 then?

I am also unsure whether Sekolah Menengah Inggeris (SMI) came first or Sekolah Menengah Rendah (SMR). 

Of course the HS badge is familar to all!

Anyone can guess which school the bottom two badges came from? The silver one on the left is a standard size and the blue on the right is a cute mini version.

3 comments:

Lee Too said...

Lim Poon School has 2 sessions known as Lim Poon 1 & Lim Poon 2.Definitely not our TIPS badge. I can't even remember whether we have our very own school badge. The blue one looks like Convent school badge.

Soh Keng said...

The one on the bottom left belongs to SMK Infant Jesus Convent, Johor Bahru. (Google is so fantastic.)

gee sing said...

Both of you are spot on. The two badges are from BP Convent. In those days, it still have the cross on top and the words are in English "simple in virtue, steadfast in duty". Now the cross is replaced by a star and the words are in Bahasa. The silver one is the school badge. The blue one is probably a girl guide badge as it has C.P.R. at the bottom.